Northern Illinois Commercial Roofers

Commercial Roof Maintenance

1) Know the Present condition of your Roof System and be pro active in doing all you can do to extend the life of roof.

Most building owners never think about their roof until it leaks. By then it may be too late. Do you know that when your building was new, the roof cost was only 5% of that construction cost? And yes it keeps the other 95% Dry! It is important to know what’s Up with your roof.

Having your professional Roofing Contractor survey your Roof and provide you with a written report as to the age of the system, Include any historical data that is available, what repairs and maintenance are needed today and in the future to extend the life of the roof system, and the potential service life of the roof system.

2) Knowing what the roof system warranty/ Guarantee really covers. Do you have a Warranty or Guaranty that covers your existing roof system? You should know the requirements of a building owner and steps that need to be taken to make sure the warranty on their roof is still intact. Roof maintenance is one of the requirements of the Manufacturer that you must take care of.

How often do you change your oil on your car? Every 3000 or 5000 miles? Same thing with a roof system. Manufacturer’s require in the warranty that a Professional Roofing Contractor, approved by the manufacturer of your roof system, perform Annual maintenance on your Roof. If you never changed your oil in your car and had a problem would they cover that Blown engine? Same thing with a roof system! Annual or Bi-annual maintenance will A) Keep drains clean and debris of the roof surface which keeps water from ponding on your roof causing weight overload. B) look for potential problems that may let water into your building, causing damage to the insulation, metal decking and also anything in the building that could be damaged. C) inform you of the present condition and let you know the life expectancy, and the opportunity for you to budget for major repair or replacement

3) Roof Maintenance and Does it really extend the life of the roof? Research by RCI (Roof Consultants Institute) indicates that roof maintenance could extend roof life as much as 50%. Maintenance and Inspections should be performed in spring as to check the condition of the roof system after exposure to the winter elements. Fall maintenance and inspections determine the roof condition prior to winter and allow the proper repairs to be made to limit leak possibilities. With replacement costs increasing, and budget’s tightening, a small Bi- annual investment will extend the service life of the system will push off the Major expense of a roof replacement.

Categories:
Request A Quote
Contact Us
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please enter your address.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.

WAUKEGAN ROOFING DOES NOT PROVIDE RESIDENTIAL ROOFING SERVICES.